Technology Project Support Guidelines
- Request a meeting with a technology liaison* to begin course planning process
- Begin planning one semester in advance for large projects and one month in advance for small projects;
- Clearly articulate course/assignment objectives;
- Provide a copy of the assignment to support staff involved;
- Develop and provide a copy of rubric(s) for assessment;
- Create a project prototype to test assumptions about time and resources required and assessment criteria;
- Require students to attend training or utilize online resources;
- Attend all training sessions provided to students;
- Prepare to conduct training by the second instance/semester of the project with assistance from professional staff or TEC student staff;
- Prepare to conduct training by the third instance/semester of the project, professional staff or TEC student staff support available.
- Meet with faculty to understand course and assignment objectives;
- Develop a memo of understanding for faculty and others involved to include a time line; staffing allocations; training; technology; facilities; and other resources;
- Collaborate with colleagues in other divisions as necessary for project success;
- Develop and conduct training for faculty and students, including student technology assistants.**
- Respect the project timeline and plan accordingly;
- Attend training as arranged or utilize supplemental online resources otherwise;
- Convey respect for the support staff and student staff engaged in project support.
* Typically from the educational technologies, alternatively from the NCAT or LRC.
** TECprogram students assist in this fashion. As department funds allow, student technology assistants familiar with the discipline or course content can also be trained to provide project support.