TV and Cable
Please select the topic you would like to view:
Setting your TV up to access SLU's cable TVreturn to top
- In most cases, you can simply connect a coax (RF) cable from the wall plate to your TV. When you turn your tv on, it should automatically find and display the available channels.
- If this does not work, enter the menu on your TV and select the option to Search for Channels. (This may be called, "Find Channels,"Program Channels", or something along those lines.
- If you still do not receive any channels, enter the menu on your tv and reset the antenna selection to CATV. Then, select Search for Channels (as in the previous step).
- If you still are having problem contact the IT HelpDesk.
Troubleshooting Cable TV in your room return to top
If the cable jack box on the wall is physically broken or the cable jack where you screw the cable into is broken, contact the IT HelpDesk at x5770 and we will put in a workorder to have your jack fixed.
- If the cable jack box on the wall is in working condition but you're not getting all of the channels listed above in the channel lineup, try auto programming your TV to pick up the new SLU channels
- If all of the above is working but your channels are fuzzy or not coming in, you need to contact Time Warner Cable at 1-866-339-8225 and schedule a service call
Upgrade your cable return to top
St. Lawrence provides you with 60 or so channels of free basic cable. If you would like to receive premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc.), you can order them from Time Warner Cable.
- To order premium channels, go to https://secure.twcny.com/campus/
- Select Orders/Upgrades
- In the drop down menu, select St. Lawrence
- Choose the package you want, and fill out the form