Student Mail Center
Student Mail Center
Valentine's Day - Friday, February 14th - Open 10 am until 5 pm.
Monday and Thursday 10 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday 10 AM - 5 PM
Friday 10 AM - 4 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 2 PM
HOW TO FIND AND USE YOUR STUDENT MAIL CENTER (SMC) NUMBER AND OPENING INSTRUCTIONS
- Type http://esaint.stlawu.edu into your web browser
- At the login page, enter your SLU username and password.
- Choose the MyInfo tab at the top.
- There you will find your SMC number, combination and opening instructions.
- To begin, turn the knob COUNTERCLOCKWISE stopping on your first number
- Now turn the knob CLOCKWISE passing by your first number, stopping on your second number
- Next turn the knob COUNTERCLOCKWISE and stop on your third number
- Now TURN AND PULL at the same time CLOCKWISE until it opens.
Student Campus Mailbox Information
For your security, mailbox combinations will
not be given out in person at the Student Mail Center (SMC) window and
staff will not be able to open your SMC mailbox for you unless it is determined
to be broken. The Student Mail Center does not guarantee that you will keep the same
mailbox after your return to the university from a withdrawal. This does
not include those students studying abroad. This only pertains to those
students that withdraw or transfer out of SLU.
Proper Addressing of Your Campus Mail
St. Lawrence University
23 Romoda Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Postage for your letters and packages is available for purchase at the Student Mail Center (SMC) Monday through Friday. We will only accept your Community Wide Account (CWA). Postage will not be available for purchase after 4:30 PM most days. If you have cash, you may purchase stamps in the following ways:
1. North Country Savings Bank, 3rd Fl of Sullivan Student Center
2. At ATM's:
- The Brewer Bookstore Entryway
- Sullivan Student Center atrium, outside the SMC
The Student Mail Center accepts stamped mail and packages. ALL mail leaves the Student Mail Center (SMC) by 1:30 PM each day, Monday through Friday. We do not have pickup over the weekend.
The SMC will accept prepaid outbound UPS, FedEx and USPS parcels. When making a purchase of stamps or postage of any kind, the SMC accepts your Community Wide Account (CWA) only. We do not handle any cash, credit or debit cards. Most carrier web sites provide the capability to print prepaid shipping labels. Here are some options:
Student Organization Mailings
The SMC only accepts mass mailings from officially recognized campus organizations.
All student organization mailings are subject to authorization by the Office of Student
Activities & Leadership. In compliance with the Office of Student Activities rules,
your event must follow University policies and we will not be allowed to do any advertising
of off-campus alcohol events. You can contact the Student Activities office with any
questions you may have. Student Organizations are now required to stuff their own
mailings into the student mail boxes. For more details on this new process
please contact the SMC at x5710.